- 1/3 cup White, Granulated Sugar (80 ml)
- 6 tbsp Prepared, Strong Coffee (90 ml)
- 7 ounces Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Dark Chocolate (225 g)
- 4 tbsp Heavy (Whipping) Cream (60 ml)
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1½ cups Chilled Whipping Cream (300 ml)
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in coffee over medium heat. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler over hot, (not simmering) water, melt the dark chocolate, stirring constantly, until smooth. When completely melted, whisk in the 4 tablespoons of cream and the coffee/sugar mixture. Stir until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold in ½ cup of the chocolate mixture. Pour this latter mixture back into the chocolate mixture, folding gently. Beat chilled cream to soft peaks, and fold in gently until totally mixed.
- Pour mousse into a large serving bowl, or 8 individual dessert glasses. Chill for 4 hours.
- For a more unique presentation Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut or Bernard C. recommends using one of the large chocolate orchid or daisy molds as a serving container, and chocolate dessert dishes for individual portions.
(Makes 8 Servings)
Victoria, British Columbia